The present website is provided by the company under the corporate name “Argo Semiconductors FS Ltd”, also doing business as “Argo Semi” or as “Argo Semiconductors”, a Ltd company, having its principal place of business at Office 102, Sithonias 12, 2035, Strovolos, Nikosia, Cyprus, hereinafter called the “Company” or “Argo Semiconductors”.
The Company takes under serious consideration the protection of personal data of its customers, employees and natural persons in general, which make use of its services (hereinafter the “Services”) and the Company’s website. In this respect it collects and processes data according to the principles of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter called “General Data Protection Regulation”) and according to the provisions of the national and European legislation on personal data protection in force.
The Company reserves the right to amend, update and revise the present Policy at intervals, if it is deemed necessary, without prior notification according to the legislation. In this respect, please advise the present Policy at regular intervals, in order to be informed for any updated versions thereof.
What personal data we collect and to what purpose
The Company collects and processes personal data of its employees, customers, suppliers and service providers, persons visiting its premises and establishments, persons applying for a job or contact by any means the representatives, personnel or associates of the Company, the Company’s website users, etc. As such, every time you file an application for the provision of services, visit our premises or our website, contact directly with the Company by any means, execute any kind of contract, provide us services or make use of the services we provide, we collect and process personal data concerning you, such as name, surname, postal address, e-mail, telephone number, website address. The Company may also collect devices identifiers, cookies and other signals, including information which are collected by third parties, to associate accounts or/and devices with you.
The Company processes and uses personal data which are collected for the following legal purposes:
- For executing contracts between us and the provision of the services that you wish to provide you, for duly performing its agreements with third parties and to communicate with you with respect to your submitted orders.
- To make use of our website and to provide you relevant services, for tracking, reviewing and improving our products and services. For the provision, preservation, improvement and development of the relevant features, content and provided services.
- For preserving and safeguarding our legal interests, as well as your legal interests. For the protection of our website as well as for your protection from malicious, abusive or illegal activities and for preserving the safety of our website.
- In order to comply with a legal obligation, such as regulatory obligations relating to tax legislation or payment systems.
- When processing is made on the basis of written consent, for promotional and informative purposes and specifically in order to send updates for the services of the Company.
We do not collect nor retain more personal data than required for the above purposes or personal data which are not relevant to such purposes of processing.
Period of retention of personal data
- The Company retains personal data collected for the above purposes for the time period necessary for each case. In more specific, data retention period is decided on the basis of the following specific criteria as the case may be:
- When processing is made on the basis of a contract, your personal data shall be stored for as long as necessary for the performance of the contract and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims arising out of such contract;
- Personal data which are necessary for the provision of our Services, will be stored and retained for the time period required in order to be able to continue the provision of such Services;
- Data which are necessary for the provision of services shall be retained for the time period required for the provision of our Services;
- When processing is imposed as a requirement under provisions of the applicable legal framework, your personal data shall be stored for as long as required by the relevant provisions.
Transfer of personal data to third parties
The Company allows access to your personal data to members of its personnel (to the extent that this is necessary for the performance of their duties), to authorized persons and reliable associates and to companies providing systems, operations and services that are essential in order to provide its Services to you. The above companies are the following: Macoum Professional Services (www.macoum.com), Kvc Hosting (www.kvchosting.net) and Automatic (www.wordpress.com). Such transfer is made exclusively for purposes related to the provision of each service and under the condition that the third parties to which personal data are transferred, accept the terms of the present Policy and the applicable legislation. In such cases, the Company remains responsible for the processing of your personal data and determines the specific activities of processing for each provider, ensures in every way that processing is made according to the provisions of applicable law and that each person can freely and without any hindrance exercise its rights according to the legislation.
Please also be informed that we might transfer your data within and outside the EU in order to provide our Services in the most efficient way, in cases where third parties that provide us with systems and services have their establishment or provide their services from third countries. Under any circumstances, we will perform all our legal obligations with respect to the protection of personal data; we will examine and assess the level of compliance of our associates pursuant to the requirements of the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data; and we will enter into written agreements in order to ensure that the level of protection is the same or higher than the level provided by EU legislation on the protection of personal data.
Use of data for advertising purposes
We will ask you to provide us with your free and express consent to collect and use your data for the purpose of sending you advertising material of the Company’s products and services.
Rights of data subjects
Every natural person, whose data are being processed by the Company, has the following rights:
- Right of information and access: You have the right to access your personal data and to receive information with respect to the processing thereof.
- Right of rectification: You have the right to request the correction, modification, completion and update of your personal data processed.
- Right of erasure: You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data, in cases where such data are processed on the basis of your consent or in order to safeguard the legitimate interests pursued by the Company. In all other cases (i.e., when there is a contract in force, when personal data are processed for compliance with a legal obligation or for reasons of public interest), the above right of erasure is subject to specific limitations or is not applicable at all depending on the particular case.
- Right of restriction of processing: You have the right to request the restriction of processing your personal data in the following cases: (a) the accuracy of the personal data is contested, for a period enabling the verification of the accuracy of the personal data; (b) the processing is illegal and you oppose to the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of their use instead; (c) personal data are no longer needed for the purposes of the processing, but they are necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and (d) you object to the processing and until we verify that legitimate reasons concerning the Company exist and override the reasons for opposing to the processing.
- Right of objection to processing: You have the right to object at any time to processing of your personal data, when processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or in case personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes and profiling.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data without charge in a format which will allow access to them, to use and process them as well as the right to request the transmission of said data to another controller. Such right to data portability applies to personal data that you have directly provided to the Company and the processing thereof is carried out by automated means based on your consent or on a contract.
- Right to withdraw your consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, to the extent that such consent had been received for the purpose of processing.
Should you wish to exercise any of the rights mentioned hereinabove, you may contact us by sending an e-mail to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Third Party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites which do not belong to the Company, while, websites operating by external third parties may contain links to our website. Despite the fact that put our efforts to ensure that our website is only linked to external websites that maintain and enforce the same privacy and personal data protection standards, we are not responsible for the privacy and/or personal data protection practices of such third-party websites insofar as you have left our website.
The Company allows the publication of information with respect to its site on social networks such as Facebook, Google +, Instagram και Twitter. The above entails that the information you publicize, including your name and preferences will be visible by the visitors of your personal page. We suggest that you are careful and review applicable terms and privacy and/or personal data protection policies of such websites.
Minor’s personal data security
The present website is not addressed to persons under eighteen (18) years old. The Company urges parents to monitor the activity of their children on the internet and to report any personal data processing comes to their attention.
The Company takes and applies all necessary measures, either technical or organizational, in order to safeguard the processing of personal data and the prevention of consequential loss or destruction as well as the unauthorized and/or illegal access thereto, their use, correction or revelation and provides for their legal collection and processing as well as for the safe retention of personal data, in accordance with applicable legislation especially in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
In any case, the way internet works does not allow us to provide any guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to violate the applied technical and organizational measures, gain access and make use of personal data for non-authorized and/or illegal purposes.
Access to our services and website is provided at your initiative. The Company has taken, as far as possible, any necessary measure to safeguard its website from viruses and other malware and monitors by relevant security systems the access to websites in order to prevent attacks and other unauthorized actions. Notwithstanding the above, it does not guarantee the content of its website free of viruses, malware or other malicious elements and is not liable for any damage suffered for the above causes.